You are here:

From the same cellar

Montefalco Rosso – Alzatura

12,00 

Out of Stock

Out of stock

From the union of the power of Sangiovese and Sagrantino and the pleasantness of Merlot comes Tenuta Alzatura’s Montefalco Rosso doc.
The aroma is reminiscent of jam, with prevalent notes of blackberry and currant. The structure is ample and harmonious.
Pairings: Umbrian charcuterie boards, roast or grilled meat dishes, medium mature cheeses.
Serving temperature: 16-18° C.

Weight1,60 kg
Denominazione

Montefalco Rosso DOC

Prodotto

Structured red wine aged in wood

Regione

Umbria

Alcol

14,5% vol

Annata

2021

Cantina

Alzatura

Volume cl

75

Montefalco Rosso – Alzatura

Montefalco Rosso D.O.C. – Italian Wine from Tenuta Alzatura is a premium wine produced in the Montefalco region of Umbria, Italy.
This wine is made from a blend of Sangiovese (70%), Sagrantino (15%), and Merlot (15%). Leggi di più

See all the wines Alzatura

Cellar:

White Wine Territory, Where Time Stands Still
Antinori Castello della Sala is located in Umbria, a short distance from the Tuscan border, about 18 kilometers from the historic city of Orvieto. Leggi di più

Castello della Sala, a magnificent medieval manor with 600 hectares (1482 acres) of land 200 (495 acres) of which are planted with vineyards, is located halfway between the Paglia river and the summit of Monte Nibbio.

History

Castello della Sala was built in 1350 by Angelo Monaldeschi della Vipera whose family arrived in Italy in the IX century following Charlemagne’s troops.
The 1300’s marked the beginning of a long series of conflicts between family members in order to gain control over Orvieto. In 1437 Gentile, grandson of Angelo dei Monaldeschi della Vipera, gained control of the city and reigned as dictator for over a decade. Following Gentile’s death in 1466, a peaceful period started at the castle, culminating with the reconciliatory marriage of Gentile’s son, Pietro Antonio della Vipera, and his cousin Giovanna Monaldeschi della Cervara. The XVI century introduced a period of serenity: the citizens of Orvieto respected Pietro Antonio. Giovanna della Cervara began restoration work on Castello della Sala and commissioned a fresco in the chapel of the Three Wise Men at the entrance to the castle. The couple also became patrons of the magnificent Duomo of Orvieto and made contributions for the paintings done by Signorelli in the Capella Nuova. Pietro Antonio died in 1516 and following her husband’s wishes Giovanna donated Castello della Sala and its land to the Opera Pia Santa Maria otherwise known as the Duomo of Orvieto.

The castle belonged to the Duomo up until 1860 when the newly unified Italian government seized all church property after which it had a series of private owners. In 1940 Marchese Niccolò Antinori, Piero’s father, bought the estate fully aware of the fact that the area held great potential for producing fine white wines. After years of neglect, Castello della Sala moves towards a period of rebirth.

Recommended for you

Recently Viewed